The ancient destroyed church in 1944 by bombardments had been constructed to the twelfth century by monks of the abbey of Bernay.
She/it possessed two naves and a bell-tower of section pyramidale.
Two odd altars decorated the chœur, (to see photo here - joined).
After the last war, with finances coming of war damages, the township confided a project of reconstruction to the big architect price of Rome Henri POTTIER and his/her/its deputy Jean TESSIER, the model was presented in the beginning years
The LANCTUIT enterprise was in charge of the realization.
The inauguration took place in 1956.
The artist's stained glass windows LAUGHED were broken by their author in years 1970.
The building has been rebuilt on the ancient foundations, walls with their buttresses side place have been preserved.
Bells, at the time of the bombardment have been recovered intact, they have been replaced in the present bell-tower.
Three statuaries are classified, the polychrome virgin of the fifteenth century, Christaux outrages, and the holy Madeleine that come of the priory of the Madeleine.
Angelfishes that frame the altar of it (oak of the seventeenth century comes of an ancient altar.
Weapons that decorate the door of the vestry correspond to the family of ARCONA owner of the neighboring castle of the nineteenth century.
The volume of this building, without pillars permits a good visibility